ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway won't be opening at Disney's Hollywood Studios this year, after all.
- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway to open spring 2020
- Ride was originally set to open this year
- Disneyland will get a version of the ride in 2022
- RELATED: New concept art released for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
The Mickey-themed dark ride, which was set for a 2019 opening, will now debut spring 2020, Disney revealed Friday. No reason for the delay was given.
The update came as Disney announced that Disneyland would be getting its own version of the ride in 2022.
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway will transport riders into a cartoon short, where they'll join Mickey and his friends on a "zany, out-of-control" adventure. The ride will feature special visual effects, using technology Disney is calling "2 and half D."
At Hollywood Studios, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is being built inside the Chinese Theatre, the former site of The Great Movie Ride, which closed August 2017.
The theme park is gearing up for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The new themed land will open August 29. Disneyland will get the first peek at the land, with its version set to open May 31.
- Download the Spectrum News app and turn on notifications to receive a weekly Attractions Briefing every Friday.