The top high school football teams in Central Florida, as selected by the Bright House Sports Network staff:
1. Cocoa (3-1) – Hurricane Matthew erased Friday’s showdown with Mainland, meaning the Tigers will only play eight regular season games.
2. Mainland (6-0) – Bucs focus their attention back on district play this week and a matchup with undefeated Matanzas.
3. Apopka (6-0) – Blue Darters will not have a Homecoming game after Olympia declined Apopka’s offer to reschedule Friday’s game.
4. Seminole (6-0) – ‘Noles needed a late comeback against Lyman and scored twice in the final two minutes for a 22-12 victory.
5. Osceola (7-0) – Kowboys raced to a 21-0 halftime lead against St. Cloud and handed the Bulldogs their first loss with a 34-18 win.
6. Dr. Phillips (4-2) – 12 different players have found the end zone through six games for the Panthers.
7. Bishop Moore (5-1) – Hornets took advantage of three first half South Sumter turnovers to run away from the Raiders 56-23 in a Monday makeup game.
8. Viera (4-2) – Hawks host Martin County this week in a matchup that should decide the 7A, District 6 title.
9. Palm Bay (5-0) – Hurricane Matthew erased a game against Viera, one of the toughest opponents on the Pirates schedule.
10. Jones (6-0) – Undefeated Tigers head to the Space Coast this week for a showdown with 4A’s No. 1 team, Cocoa.
11. Wekiva (4-2) – Improved Mustangs will see how far they’ve come Thursday night in a district matchup with rival Apopka.
12. Hagerty (5-1) – Travis Thompson returned the opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown as the Huskies scored 35 first half points en route to a 38-14 district win against East Ridge on Monday.
13. Matanzas (5-0) – Phillip Moultrie torched the New Smyrna Beach defense for 340 rushing yards and six touchdowns in a 58-28 win last Monday.
14. Melbourne Central Catholic (5-0) – Hustlers can lock up the 3A, District 6 championship with a win against Fort Pierce John Carroll this week.
15. Orange City University (4-2) – Lake Mary’s Monday loss to Winter Springs dealt a huge blow to the Titans hopes of reaching the postseason.
16. Winter Park (4-2) – Senior Jonathan Griffin-Heard has five takeaways (four interceptions, one fumble recovery) for the Wildcats.
17. Timber Creek (4-2) – Playoff chances for the Wolves rest on Thursday’s home game against Boone.
18. Deltona (4-2) – Wolves had their scheduled bye week last Friday so they are still slated to play 10 games.
19. Ocoee (4-2) – Monday’s 30-7 win at Ocala West Port keeps the Knights firmly in control of the 7A, District 4 race.
20. Merritt Island (4-2) – Mustangs have won three straight while scoring 40 or more points in every game.
Austin Lyon can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter, @AustinRLyon