Three people are homeless after a fire broke out at an Orlando apartment complex early Thursday morning.

The Orlando Fire Department was called to the Village at Rosemont Preserve apartment complex around 4:20 a.m.

When fire crews arrived, they found flames coming from a bedroom window of a second-story apartment. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the bedroom and put the blaze out in 10 minutes, officials said.

The three people living in the apartment were able to get out safely. One was treated at the scene after complaining of asthma symptoms.

Several other apartments were evacuated as a precaution.

The Red Cross is assisting the three people with a place to stay.