Two people were hospitalized and six dogs, including two puppies, were rescued after a house caught fire Tuesday in Palm Coast.

The fire broke out around 10:40 a.m. at a home along Llach Court. A man was repairing a refrigerator in the garage of the two-story home when the appliance caught fire, officials said.

After the man was unable to put the flames out, he ran inside to get his daughter and call 911.

Flagler County Fire Rescue crews arrived to the scene and were able to contain the fire to the garage with help from Palm Coast Fire Department crews.

There was smoke damage throughout the house, a release states.

The man and his daughter were taken to Florida Hospital Flagler for smoke inhalation, according to Flagler County Fire Rescue Chief Don Petito.

"We were able to revive all of the dogs with oxygen masks made specifically for household pets," Petito said.

The State Fire Marshal's Office has been called in to investigate the fire.